Thursday, October 9, 2008

Love my family!

I am so blessed to have the children and husband that I have. I have really enjoyed my time with Amber and Joseph and of course we all get a kick out of Samuel.

In these economically scary times we often worry about all we might lose. We might lose our house, our jobs, our sense of security..... there seems to be so much we can't control. However, we have so much that we can still be grateful for. These losses - or potential losses are truly significant. But they aren't the end all to anything. There is a part in Lee Greenwoods song that states... If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life, and I had to start again, with just my children and my wife. I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today, for this land still stands for freedom, and you can't take that away..... " Well, the thing is, not only do we have freedom, we have our families, our friends, our God. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have so many blessings that come from the gospel it's unbelievable. I know that the loss of a child is incredibly difficult to go through. The loss of a parent is also hard, though not as hard as losing a child (my father died a month after our oldest child, Benjamin). But, even then.... we still get to be with them again. So, if we look at the big picture, we have lots of worldly things that we can lose. But the things that matter the most are things that money can't buy. As we are facing many uncertainties ourselves, it's very important that we keep things in perspective. Let's not make the worldly things have such significance that we lose sight of the things that really are the most important!

No comments: